Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Time at the Easel


Pastel on Paper (12 x16)
Completed this on Sunday. My intent was to get up and paint.  Since I got up what is very late for me (10:30 a.m.) and by the time I ate "breakfast" and got my weekly laundry going it was time for the Cowboy game.  I grew up in Texas and have been a Cowboy fan since the age of 11. It has been a disappointing experience the last few years and Sunday's playoff game was no exception.  I was a little peeved I sacrificed my morning easel time for an suck ass game from a Cowboy fan perspective.  I started this during halftime and finished it later in the afternoon/early evening.  The day wasn't a total loss. 
I setup a Facebook fan page: Cindy K. Shaw, Artist which presents my work in a more organized display...at least until I get a dedicated website going.  So if you are on Facebook please become a fan of my page. 
I will be taking some work into Gallery 101 in Fort Lauderdale so we can get some things up by the end of the month. I'm very excited about that.  I also had some work out during the Wilton Manors Art Walk last weekend and was pleased with the responses.  Not a great forum for selling since most who are out and about in the area are going to dinner and clubs, but it's good exposure. 
©2009 Cindy K. Shaw All rights reserved

1 comment:

Charlie @ Discovering Mandarin said...

wow that drawing is beautiful!! :D