Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Head is in Haiti


18x24 Pastel on Paper
This is actually a piece  I completed during the Holidays and never posted it. I worked on another painting this morning (I'm not busy with work at the moment) and my head kept returning to Haiti and the devastation suffered there from yesterday's earthquake.  It is a very poor nation ill-equipped to handle such a disaster.  Rescue efforts will be at the forefront, but food and water will soon become a critical issue.  You can go the Red Cross to find out ways you can help.  A quick method is to send a text to 90999 with Haiti as the message.  They will automatically charge your cell phone account $10, which goes to the disaster relief fun.  It's that simple.    
©2009 Cindy K. Shaw All rights reserved

No comments: