Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Wish I Could Do More















I usually describe myself as a Metal Sculptor, but this work is often balanced by and sometimes originates as pastels. It's a quick expressive form for me.

I wish I produced a greater volume of work than I do. It is always a struggle for time and the right mental energy. The stress and content of my engineering profession, the work that pays my mortgage, often quells the creative side. I also do a lot of mental composition before ever flipping the drawing pad open or cranking up my arc welder. Regardless, I wish I did more.

I did this piece after attending the Art Basel event in Miami a couple of years ago. If you have even the slightest interest in modern art, this annual event is time well spent. You can catch the one in Europe during the summer or take advantage of the perfect winter weather in South Florida.

No comments: